Monday, May 02, 2011

CD-something-or-other

Hey, so a whole bunch of stuff has been happening in other parts of the world that's super important, but right here right now we're just going to be talking about my ladyparts, OK?

Went back in to the RE this morning for a follow-up to see how my "beaten up" ovaries are doing. All quiet on that front, and bloodwork shows I'm in no danger of ovulating on my own any time soon, so I'm starting stims today. As Dr. SF explained to me when I asked if it made a difference to start this long after my period, in someone with a normal 28-day cycle, yes, but "if you don't have a cycle, it doesn't matter. We normally start on day 3 because it's when your estrogen is lowest, but your estrogen isn't doing anything by itself." They'll also be calling this my CD3 on the charts, just so they can keep straight how long I've been stimming.

Anyway, 112 IU of Gonal-F today, tomorrow, and Wednesday, back for check on Thursday. This is the last IUI that insurance will pay for. But I'm trying to pretend that's not the case, or I will start feeling quite desperate.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Jody said...

Yeah, better not to think about the insurance bit. Just take a deep breath and plunge. Er, bad metaphor there. Sorry.

2:53 PM  
Blogger Thalia said...

Yes the added pressure on insurance is not going to help. But then again, we have demonstrable evidence that stress does not affect IVF outcome, so go ahead and stress if you like, it's not going to affect the cycle either way. Given the choice, probably not so good to stress, though.

11:39 AM  
Blogger MsPrufrock said...

No stress, no stress. In fact - JUST RELAX. Heh.

But really, no focusing on the negative things like no insurance please. Bad EL, BAD.

8:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home