Saturday, April 09, 2011

Heart attack of the day

As we have all learned from watching Cops, trying to escape the police via high-speed car chase never, ever succeeds. So it is some small comfort to know that the jackhole who, in attempting to avoid being pulled over in his fancy automobile*, DROVE UP ONTO THE SIDEWALK FOUR FEET AWAY FROM MY CHILD**, will surely be rotting in jail tonight.

*Probably stolen. Or full of drugs. Either one.

**That is the last time I ever let her run ahead of me.*** My throat still hurts from screaming.

***At least the squad car in pursuit stopped long enough to let me run up and grab her before itself screeching off down the sidewalk, sirens blaring.

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Jody said...

OMG. Do you think your heart will settle down before the end of the year? Holy hell.

I'm glad she's OK. Good lord.

7:37 PM  
Anonymous statia said...

Jesus, what a time to be in the 2ww. I'd be on the floor with a fifth of vodka right now. So glad she was OK.

8:32 PM  
Blogger JV said...

Wow. I can very well envision. It makes me sick to think to think about it. Very happy that nothing bad happened.

9:31 PM  
Blogger shanna said...

I'd have died on the spot, I think.

10:08 PM  
Blogger persephone said...

I can envision this so easily that I'm having my OWN heart attack.

So thankful she's okay.

10:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No! My hands are sweating. Awful.

11:55 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

May the driver leave prison no longer a virgin!

How is BT doing? Did she say anything to you?

10:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home