Monday, April 04, 2011

The wait begins

IUI yesterday morning. We had to do the whole hectic kid-swapping thing again (husband goes off to give his sample, I follow with BG an hour later, hand her over to him at a cafe, go get inseminated, meet up with family afterward), and the rest of the day was hectic too, with music class and a birthday party and lots of subway riding and a cranky overstimulated child at the end of the day. I was very bloated and achy and exhausted by evening--I swear I could feel those eggs popping out one by one over the course of the afternoon.

IUI was performed by Nice Lady Doctor (I hope that doesn't come off as condescending; she's just the only female doc in this practice), who declared my husband's sample "excellent" at 60 million, more than twice what we've had at previous IUIs. Now we cross our fingers and wait. I must say, if I can't get pregnant with at least half a dozen eggs and 60 million swimmers, I will be very put out.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Jody said...

Well, no matter what, I think you have earned the right to feel put out if this doesn't work. But I'm really hoping it does.

3:25 PM  
Blogger May said...

Singleton! Singleton! Singleton!

3:49 PM  
Blogger MsPrufrock said...

This is what I miss by not blog-reading faithfully! This ish is not mentioned on FB (nor would it be on mine), and I forget blogs exist.

Gotta love the wait, eh? Ah, it's like the good old days. I'll be sending positive vibes your way, just like back in the day.

9:35 PM  
Blogger OneTiredEma said...

Hope there's at least one non-wallflower at this party in your uterus.

I mean, AS IT WERE.

2:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home