Thursday, January 26, 2012

Still boring

The most exciting thing that happened at my OB appointment today (13w5d) is that the bathroom light, apparently on a timer of some sort, shut off just as I started, uh, providing my urine sample. Trying to catch the stream with one hand while frantically groping for the light switch with my other hand provided a nice little adrenaline jolt for the day.

Otherwise, the appointment was totally unremarkable in every way. The doctor (guess I have to come up with a nickname for her, I'll think about it) went over my NT results in a little more detail, and rattled off the long list of things they'd tested me for at my last appointment that were all clear--no syphilis, whoo! Then she whipped out the doppler and, after some searching, found the heartbeat. And yes, this was another fully clothed appointment. Because absolutely nothing has happened in the past month that would warrant me taking my pants off.

I'm finding all this normality confusing but perfectly delightful.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger May said...

Boring is fabulous!

What, you can't pee in a cup in the pitch black?

1:47 AM  
Blogger Heather said...

Yay for boring! I have my NT test on February 22nd and while I want to make sure all is well I am also just as excited to see the ultrasound. Us boring people don't get very many of those.

11:04 AM  
Anonymous Jody said...

Fabulous!

11:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home