Friday, May 06, 2011

Um, oops

This morning, when my alarm went off, despite the fact that it was way earlier than I'd like to have woken up, despite my sleep deprivation, despite the fact that I had to haul my ass into the clinic, I was feeling pretty good. I had taken the day off work, and after my morning RE check-in I was getting my hair cut. It was a gorgeous day. Life was good.

Then I realized: I forgot to take my Gonal-F shot last night.

I've actually come close to forgetting before, so much so that I now program a reminder into my phone as soon as I get the call from the nurse each day, with an alarm set to go off at 10 pm, flashing the night's dosage, just in case. And last night the alarm went off, and I said to my husband, "I have to go take my shot"--but I stayed on the couch and immediately forgot about it. Worse yet, right before I went to bed, I checked my phone, saw the reminder still sitting on the screen...and deleted it without a thought. Duh.

So I headed in to the clinic with my tail between my legs, confessing immediately to the RE on duty, who was very kind to tolerate my babbling explanations ("I guess I've been doing this too long, it's just become too routine, haha..."). And luckily, through some miracle, my E2 actually still rose this morning, even though I went drug-less for a day. So 75 IU tonight (I WILL NOT FORGET) and then back in tomorrow morning.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home