Tuesday, February 28, 2012

It's a...

Boy! Just as I thought.

Anatomy scan went well yesterday. Everything looked completely normal and on track for 18w2d. Baby is currently breech, placenta is anterior. They weren't able to fully visualize all of the spine (baby was lying on his back) so when I have my next appointment in a month I'll have another scan (yay! says u/s-addicted me) to check it out. My doc also had my blood drawn for an AFP test just to be on the safe side and if there's anything concerning about those results they'll have me back for a scan sooner.

I also got the cootercam for a cervix check. Cervix measured a whopping 5.37 cm, so doc is pretty unconcerned about preterm labor at this point, though I will get another cervix check at the next appointment. They even had me bear down during the scan to see if there was any change in my cervix, and everything held firm, so all looks good.

I'm a little freaked out by the prospect of having a boy, to be honest, even though I kind of knew it all along. I know girls! I love girls! Boys have penises and totally unfun clothes! But I know I'll get to know and love my son just like I did my daughter.

Now the challenge: to come up with a boy's name. Bat Girl is voting to name the baby Poopiehead or Peepeehead (yes, we are at the delightful potty humor stage), but I don't think that's going to work.

Labels: ,

12 Comments:

Anonymous Jillian said...

Great, great news! Boys are so wonderful. I had deep reservations, but it's been wonderful to have sons.

But yes, the clothes thing kind of bites.

12:09 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

CONGRATS!!! it will be a whole new experience for you!!! And to be honest, I'm scared of boys too! Little balls freak me out! But you'll do fine!! YAY!

1:58 PM  
Anonymous Jody said...

Congratulations!

Actually I quite like boy clothes. The little trucks and turtles and polo shirts and dress shorts and clip-on ties for fancy occasions.

I'm very excited for you guys! It's so great that everything is going well.

3:08 PM  
Blogger May said...

Ooooooooh! Hooray!

I love me my little boy. I was sad at first that Dee wouldn't have a sister but little boys are just so nummy.

6:41 PM  
Blogger statia said...

YAY!!! Congrats. Having one of each, I really love both, obviously, but I'm glad I had a boy first. They love their Mamas unconditionally, and they're way less drama than girls. Of course, I think that birth order plays a big role. Mini was far less needy than LG, was or continues to be.

10:00 PM  
Blogger Rachel said...

Woohoo for everything looking good.

I was also rather excessively worried about boys clothing, but you -can- find cute non-football themed items with a little effort. Highly recommend H & M (kids section on 125th is the best).

If I were you, I'd be far more worried about the crazy baby-proofing they require. Our mini-man went head first into the bathtub ... at 10 months. Let alone tearing up floor vents when on vacation ...

11:28 PM  
Blogger shanna said...

I will say, I love love love the way my son looks in a polo shirt and pair of khaki slacks. And painted toenails. :)

CONGRATS!

6:23 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

Congrats on the boy!! At my 13 week scan they said this baby might be a girl and I feel the same way you do. I know boys. I have boy clothes, I have boy toys. Boys I have down. What the heck am I going to do with a girl? On the upside if the prediction holds true, I do get to do some clothes shopping. :-)

1:43 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

Okay, I dropped out of the blog world awhile back. I just popped into dashboard to read some blogs tonight, and saw this MOST excellent news! Late to the party, but CONGRATULATIONS! :D

10:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Boys love their Mommies Forever!! The admiration I have from my twin sons is delightful!

I have so much fun buying boy clothes, and then when you see how cute they look in them! Baby Gap clothes are so cute and you can find them on sale. My boys are 4 and I like dressing them so much, so stylish and really cool! Boys don't have to work hard to look cool! And adorable!


Congrats & Good Luck!

11:46 AM  
Blogger heather said...

hooray!! i was unsure about having a boy after a girl at first too...but it's been great! he's such a cuddler and a momma's boy, but still a bit rough and tumble...just the right amount of both :)

6:04 PM  
Anonymous Yo-yo Mama said...

I forgot I had starred this. I want to make sure I wish you congrats on your son! You're still naming him Ransom, right??

9:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home