Saturday, May 07, 2011

Well, that was fast

Despite my screwup the other night, everything looked just fine this morning. I had I think two 17mm follicles on the right (and a bunch of smaller) and a 12.5 mm and various other smaller ones on the left. My E2 apparently had risen pretty quickly--Dr. SF told me that yesterday, after just two days at 112 IU and then one accidentally skipped dose, it was already 900. "It seems like with you, as you get older, your ovaries get--"

"Weirder?" I supplied helpfully.

"Younger," he continued without missing a beat. (I imagine REs are used to the inappropriate use of humor from patients in stirrups.) "They're responding really fast."

Assuming today's bloodwork confirmed the trend, he said he'd have me coast tonight (no meds), trigger Sunday night, then IUI Tuesday. The exact same as the 2006 cycle that got me pregnant, he pointed out, the one we've been chasing and trying to replicate this whole time. "Let's hope for the same end result!"

Let's hope so.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope! I hope!

10:11 PM  
Blogger Molly said...

Hooray ovaries!

3:05 PM  
Blogger MsPrufrock said...

I was just thinking that these updates are soooo 2006! Or for me, 2005. Ack. Yet, here we are again.

Fingers crossed for tomorrow. You'll be in my thoughts of course!

4:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home