Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Thumb twiddling

I'm trying very hard not to pin too much (any) hope on this cycle, because the chances are so low that it worked, what with the ovulating on the side with no tube and all. Still, I can't help paying attention to every twinge and ache, wondering if it's a sign, and if so, of what. I've had some aches and pulling and tenderness in the abdominal region, but nothing that I can pin down as a definitive sign of success or failure. It'll be another week at least before I know. I'm just trying to assume that it didn't work and plan ahead for the next cycle, so I won't be too disappointed--but we all know how well THAT works.

So to distract myself, and because I have neglected my mommyblogging while in the throes of treatment, I give you a brief scene from this morning, just after Bat Girl and I rose for the day:

Me: Let's take off your diaper before you start playing with your toys.

BG: NO! GO AWAY FROM ME! DON'T TOUCH ME!* I'M VERY VERY BUSY!

Me: Honey, that's not a very nice way to talk to Mommy.

BG: [sweetly] Could you pleeeease go away from me now?


*This is her latest thing--screaming "Get away from me!" or "Don't touch me!" whenever we try to do something incredibly offensive like, say, remove her sodden overnight diaper or tuck in her blankets when she wakes in the middle of the night or get a closer look at a boo-boo. Charming, no?

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger caramama said...

I know this age can be frustrating, but I just get such a kick out of them!

11:28 AM  
Blogger MsPrufrock said...

Oh my god, our kids have to meet, and soon. Cut from the same cloth to an extent it's uncanny. I kind of feel as if we should move back to the US just so P and BG can hang.

9:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And you want another....

10:29 AM  
Anonymous After Words said...

Yeah, my daughter's going through this too. It's funny when coupled with the nightwakings when she insists on sleeping with me in my bed or that I sleep with her in hers.

But during the day when I want to change her diaper, give her her medicine, get her dressed, or give her a bath, she's all "GO AWAY!!!!!!!!!!!"

It would be funny if only it didn't irritate me so much.

2:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home