The problem is that this new accelerated timeframe would mean starting Lupron more or less simultaneously with accepting a job offer (should that happen), and starting stims around the same time as starting the job. My newfound hesitation is not so much to do with professionalism or lack thereof as it is about not really feeling like I could handle the pressure of starting a new (really huge, very high responsibility) job and doing my first-ever fresh IVF cycle simultaneously. If I'm overwhelmed by stress, I have to think that can't be good for either my work performance or my reproductive performance. Not to mention my mental well-being and the happiness of everyone around me.
I had two hours of interviews today and was supposed to have another round tomorrow but that's been rescheduled for Monday, which is of course the day I'm due to start Lupron. So: We're going to go to our IVF class Thursday and have all the testing done, sign the consent forms, etc., just so we're ready. And we're going to explain the situation to Dr. SF and tell him that I'd like to hold off on Lupron for one week (I just have to take the pill for another week, I don't think that's a big deal) so we have a little breathing room to assess the situation. Once my neck unknots a bit and my breathing returns to normal, I'll be able to think about it a little more clearly.