Monday, August 31, 2009

Old timers

Better women than I have written eloquently about the "good old days" of IF blogging (wish I could find the post, it really said it all--Pru? got a link?). Going through treatment again has made me weirdly nostalgic for the days when I was first getting into the IF blog community--not just the small-world camaraderie in general, but specific women who are no longer blogging who I still miss and wonder about. Like Ornery, and Sube, and Mel, and so many more.

You know who I was thinking about last night? Beth from Prop Your Hips Up. Whatever happened to her? She blogged a tiny bit last year, changed her blog name, and then it went dark. I was especially thinking about her because I was trying to decide when to POAS (just about settled on Sunday, in case you care), and I remembered how three years ago Beth and I got positive HPTs the same weekend, and were emailing pictures of our tests back and forth comparing and analyzing the relative lightness of the lines. Our girls were born just weeks apart (BG at 38 weeks, LC at 40 weeks). Beth, if you're out there, I miss you and I hope you're doing well!

Who do you miss?

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

Blogger Thalia said...

well, getupgrrl, obviously, and danae from the REALLy old timers. Reprogirl, wessel, mel (same mel as you), zhl, manuela, nina (whitechocolatebabydream), dead bug, sue (finally arrived), and more - who was the blogger in DC with hyperemesis who gave birth to a daughter then had PTSD?

All these are still in my bloglines. I wait in hope.

3:48 PM  
Blogger May said...

I came to the party later. I see so many references to getupgrrl in other blogs, though, that I'd love to read through her archives.

Sunday!!! Argh!!!

3:57 PM  
Blogger Erin said...

There are so many bloggers I miss: Beth is definitely one (and Thalia, I think she's the one you're thinking of), Danae, Reprogirl, Wessel, and others. I feel sad when I see blogs on Bloglines that haven't updated in a year or two--I would love to keep reading about how things are going for them!

9:29 AM  
Blogger MsPrufrock said...

Ooo...thanks for the props dear, and since I'm not too averse to minimal self-promotion, my post on the subject is here:

http://barrenalbion.blogspot.com/2008/12/where-does-time-go.html

I felt like such an ass, as my post left out a lot of favourites listed in the comments section. There are soooo many that I miss. I look forward to seeing what your readers say on the matter.

9:36 AM  
Blogger MoMo said...

I know I miss Mellie(why not us) first blog I started following. Sube-we cycled together and cheered each other on. Beth, jenny from the infertility block. I haven't updated my blog either and I feel so guilty about it. But everytime I think of writting I keep saying what's the point..it's been 8 mos since my last post!

8:47 PM  
Blogger DD said...

Suz from Within the Woods
Julianna
Kath from Inhospitable
Sisyphus
Mary Scarlet
Wavery
mm
Leggy

Sometimes I even miss me...

10:50 PM  
Blogger Helen said...

Count me in as another one who adored getupgrrrl's writing. My god was she funny, even during the tragedy. I miss Ornery, too.

The IF blogs, they seem to cycle. They come in cliques and waves and crews and then just disappear (or incorporate, like I did with my blog).

10:46 AM  
Blogger Molly said...

I miss the good ol' days myself. Everyone was so chummy. Now everyone's gone and scattered -- it's like a Golden Age is over.

God, I'm ridiculous.

2:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home