Monday, August 17, 2009

CD7

Bloods and ultrasound this morning. I've been doing 75 IU of Gonal-F for the past 4 nights, and I have to say that I like the Follistim pen better--or at least, I don't remember finding it so fiddly as the Gonal-F. Anyway, at this morning's u/s both ovaries had a bunch of smallish (9 mm or so) follicles, but nothing breaking away from the pack yet. Dr. SF said my lining was pretty thick, so he suspected my E2 levels were doing fine despite the lack of action in my ovaries. He said that depending on the blood results, he'd either keep me at the same dosage or drop down, but definitely would not increase the dosage--ovaries are looking potentially "scary" (his word), meaning that there's potential for a whole lot of eggs to pop if we're not careful.

And this afternoon the nurse called to tell me to drop down to 37.5 IU and come back tomorrow. I'm definitely starting to feel a little sore, but I think it's because I haven't been rotating the injection sites as much as I should--I have a (possibly misguided) superstition that if I do the injections on the right side, they'll stimulate the right ovary more.

No news on the job front, so I'm just plugging along. Got to go do the shot now.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger May said...

Keep plugging! Though I think avoiding "scary" is certainly something to be strived for, yes?

Boy, that was terrible grammar. I'm going to leave it that way, just because I can. I'm a Stanford-educated, PhD holding professor!! I rule!

Ok, I think I need to get some sleep.

12:02 AM  
Blogger Me said...

I had a similar "side" superstition too.

6:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home