Wednesday, July 01, 2009

Nope

Nothing over 8 mm at today's scan (CD16). The doc who did the u/s (one I'd never seen before, a youngish guy) declared that it was probably time to move on to injectibles or IVF (but hastily added that I should discuss it with Dr. SF).

I do feel a little deflated (and annoyed that I once again dragged out the stupid Ovidrel, which is currently sitting in several layers of paper bag in the office fridge where I'm currently freelancing). But I'm not really feeling ready to jump into IVF just yet, so I'm prepared to give Clomid at least one more cycle, even if it's just spinning my wheels. Of course, between the co-pays and meds, even this canceled Clomid cycle is costing me almost $200, so it's not like I can afford to burn this off forever.

I guess I'll see what Dr. SF says. Right now I'm sort of feeling numb. And tired--I actually forgot that I had to leave the house at 6:30 a.m. today, until about 11:30 last night, when it was too late to get a good night's sleep.

4 Comments:

Blogger JV said...

Fellow PCOSer, long time lurker. I never responded to
Clomid, but always got 1or 2 follicles with Femara. And the side effects were a breeze in comparison. If you're not ready for bigger guns, you might want to give it a try. Sorry, couldn't help sharing advice! Wishing you lots of luck.

1:25 PM  
Blogger Thalia said...

I'm really sorry this one is a bust. Have to say I'm not a clomid fan based on the data I've seen, but I know it worked before, and that there are financial issues to consider, so I'll wish you luck whichever direction you end up going in.

7:03 PM  
Blogger Molly said...

Uggghhh.

Sorry, lady.

Enjoy your ride on the shittiest roller coaster in the world . . .

-PiquantMolly

1:48 PM  
Blogger MoMo said...

Sorry-I was never a big fan of clomid--it made me very crazy. The choices we make about this roller coaster ride is just never easy.

11:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home