Thursday, June 04, 2009

I never wanted this to happen

The friend who was supposed to watch Bat Girl tomorrow while we're at the clinic now cannot, because her son has swine flu. (Well, not confirmed swine flu, but he has the flu, and according to folks we know in the health care field, there's no other flu going around right now, so if you get flu, it's definitely H1N1. Which means my husband probably had swine flu a few weeks ago.)

At any rate, since there is no one else who can babysit on such short notice, we are going to be THOSE PEOPLE. The ones who bring a child to the fertility clinic. Sorry.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger caramama said...

May I just suggest that you call ahead and ask if there is a room where you can wait with your child? Our fertility clinic had that as a policy, and it was really helpful to those TTC their first child.

As for the flu, I can't believe that the only flu going around is the swine flu. I'm tangentially in the health care field, so I'll ask around about this. It just doesn't sound right to me.

5:17 PM  
Blogger Aunt Becky said...

Hooray for RE! I wish I could watch BG for you. Altho I'm afraid she and Alex would take over the world if put together in a room.

7:13 PM  
Blogger Antropóloga said...

Personally, I think this is okay. It wasn't especially hurtful to me to see babies in the RE's office. I mean, not more than seeing them anywhere else. Actually, maybe I was more like, "poor people, they have a kid and they're STILL dealing with this shit."

You can always wait with her somewhere else until it's time to go in, and then do the cellphone thing.

8:54 PM  
Blogger MoMo said...

Hey if you were close to me I would say drop of Batgirl and she can play with B! Hopefully it will be quick and the clinic is quiet. My clinic was pretty quiet mid day after all the morning monitoring was done. There were a couple of times I was the only patient waiting--especially on a Friday!

9:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home