Thursday, March 12, 2009

Who what when where why

In the last week or two, Bat Girl has suddenly taken to asking lots of questions as her primary mode of conversation. Who's that? What are they doing? Why are they doing that? Even if something could be conveyed with a statement/request ("Tell me a story about Snow White") she phrases it as a question ("Mommy, what happened to Princess Snow White*?") If there is no obvious question to be asked, she will still come up with one somehow.

Example: This morning, while changing BG's diaper, I noticed...something...hanging out of her nose. I reach up, remove the thing, and flick it into the trash.

Bat Girl: "Mommy, what did you get out of my nose?"

Me: "A booger."

A moment's thought. Then: "Can I see the booger?"



*A few weeks ago we saw a play put on by our neighborhood children's theater company (the children of some friends of ours were in the production), a sort of revamped version of Snow White, vaguely Disneyfied but with jazz hands. In this production, they keep referring to Snow White as "Princess," and she also has a sister, Lily White. BG, having never been exposed to Snow White before, concluded that the main character's name was "Princess White." Ha! We gently corrected that to "Princess Snow White," which is how she refers to her now.

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger MsPrufrock said...

Oh, cute! I worry that P doesn't ask enough questions, though I think it's because she assumes she knows everything anyway.

Snow White was a Princess eventually, right?

10:25 AM  
Blogger May said...

Egads. We're about a year into the questioning here and I'm hanging onto my last fibers of sanity by a fingernail.

On the other hand, I always know what she's thinking about. ALWAYS.

1:08 PM  
Blogger Aunt Becky said...

Bwahahahaha! I love kids.

2:23 PM  
Blogger sara said...

That is too cute! The twenty million questions...how the heck do you come up with an answer all the time? I"m going to be so clueless :-)

4:30 PM  
Blogger Bird's Eye View Photography said...

such a little smarty!! How adorable!

1:31 PM  
Blogger caramama said...

Too cute! I'm sure it will drive you batty, but it's really cute to read about!

4:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home