Tuesday, February 17, 2009

WTF, universe?

Monday morning, I got an email from one of my dearest friends in the whole wide world, who lives halfway around the world from us so we don't see him and his wife (whom we also adore) nearly enough. They had called around New Year's to tell us she was brand-new pregnant, and we were thrilled for them. Well, apparently she started bleeding over the weekend and ultrasound showed no heartbeat. Doctor said baby had probably stopped growing around 9 weeks, which was 2 weeks ago. She had a D&C Monday.

Tonight, I got an email from another good friend. Her husband was laid off around the same time I was, and a week later she found out she was pregnant. They were terrified given the financial situation, but also thrilled (they'd been trying for almost a year). You know where this is going, right? She just told me they lost the baby. At 18 weeks. I don't know the details yet, but seriously, how unbelievable fucking unfair can life get?

Labels:

8 Comments:

Blogger shanna said...

WTF indeed.

8:38 AM  
Blogger MsPrufrock said...

These things always happen together, inexplicably. WTF about sums it up.

5:27 PM  
Blogger MoMo said...

Man...this is so unfair..as you said WTF??

11:12 PM  
Blogger Yo-yo Mama said...

I wonder if my gut would have knotted up as badly if I hadn't been there...

When there's no such thing as "fair", it's hard to say something like this is "unfair", but it really is.

11:01 AM  
Blogger OneTiredEma said...

Why can't synergy just be good?

12:55 PM  
Blogger sara said...

You said it right...I'm really sorry for your friends...WTF!

8:46 AM  
Blogger sara said...

Just saw your side bar about pumping and low supply. May I reference you and link over to your site in my post? It is phenomenal - olive oil who would of thought!

8:50 AM  
Blogger fruitbowl said...

really sorry about your friends. life is crap sometimes :-(

2:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home