Saturday, December 27, 2008

Nothing to say

We were going to spend Christmas with my parents (it was also my dad's 70th birthday) but then decided at the last minute to spend it with my in-laws, as it was rapidly becoming clear that this would be my mother-in-law's last Christmas. We bought plane tickets to go to my parents in January instead. Now it looks like we'll have to cancel that trip, too. My MIL's doctor took her off chemo a few weeks ago. She is now receiving only palliative care, from a hospice nurse who visits every day. She has deteriorated rapidly in the last week or two. My FIL says it will probably be two weeks. We are now just waiting.

Between this, and my being laid off, and the problems we're having in our marriage, the amount of stress and hurt our little family is experiencing right now is just too much. I'm going to be laying low for a while.

11 Comments:

Blogger statia said...

Ugh. I'm sorry. Hope things get better for you.

7:38 AM  
Blogger Antropóloga said...

I'm so very sorry.

9:06 AM  
Blogger shanna said...

I'm so very sorry. The whole situation sucks.

9:38 AM  
Blogger Erin said...

So sorry to hear this. I wish it weren't happening. Many hugs, and you have my e-mail if you need anything.

9:52 AM  
Blogger May said...

Well, crap. I'm so sorry. May you get through this as gracefully as possible.

11:45 AM  
Blogger Thalia said...

I'm so sorry you have all this to deal with, EL. My thoughts are with you.

4:46 PM  
Blogger BrooklynGirl said...

I'm sorry. Thinking of you. Email if you want to talk.

8:33 PM  
Blogger Aunt Becky said...

Sending you love. I'm so sorry for everything. Holler if you need anything at all.

9:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thinking of you.

4:27 AM  
Blogger caramama said...

I'm so sorry for everything you are going through. If you want to talk, you can always email me.

3:18 PM  
Blogger Jody said...

I'm very sorry.

2:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home