Friday, May 22, 2009

What's new?

Hey! Hi! How are you? Long time no see!

So hey, as long as you're here, funny story...This morning, I made an appointment for a consult with Dr. SF, my old RE. To talk about trying for #2. Shockingly, he had openings next week, which was a little soon for me, so we're going in two weeks from today. And hopefully can get a sitter.

If we were going to try to pick an ideal time to try to get pregnant again, this would not be it. I am still technically unemployed, with no full-time job prospects on the horizon, though we are doing fine financially with my freelancing plus unemployment benefits. Husband is depressed, though we are working on that. We are still contemplating moving. We have had an unbelievably stressful year. Bat Girl is going through some sort of hideous 2-year-old asshole thing--I won't call it "terrible twos" since we've been accusing her of the terrible twos since she was about 14 months old. She is smart and funny and sociable and awesome and yet also sleeping horribly (after one halcyon week of falling asleep on her own and sleeping straight through the night) and super cranky and tantrum-y and shrieking like a banshee if you even suggest using the potty. We're not even 100% positive that we want a second child. Frankly, about the only thing that points toward us being ready is that we no longer want to kill each other, and we no longer want to kill ourselves at the thought of plunging into life with a baby again.

But hey, if you wait until the "perfect" time, it never comes, right? And we figured as long as we're willing to entertain the notion, we might as well talk to the doctor and get some bloodwork done to see where my hormones are at these days. You know, just to satisfy our (well, my) curiosity.

Plus, this post of DD's reminded me that our COBRA subsidy ends at the end of November, at which point our monthly health insurance premium will jump from $480 to $1370 and we will probably have to switch insurance if we want to be able to continue to eat. Which means possibly no more coverage for fertility treatment. Which we will no way be able to afford without help from. insurance.

So we're dipping a toe in the water. I'll keep you posted.

Labels:

9 Comments:

Blogger May said...

Ugh. Sending BG sleeping vibes from her Internet auntie!! Nobody needs a cranky 2 year old.

6:42 PM  
Blogger statia said...

Ugh, the asshole two stage is fun. We're starting to get that too from time to time.

Also, um, please don't read my latest post. I don't want to scare you.

10:00 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

Directly in the crosshairs of asshole-two-year-old antics here as well. A jolly good time, indeed.

11:50 PM  
Blogger Aunt Becky said...

Much as I adore Alex, and I do, he's always been kind of an asshole so I've lost any hope that he'll grow out of it.

And BG? Sleep Baby Girl! Let your momma get some REST!

11:02 AM  
Blogger MsPrufrock said...

Seriously, BG and P are soulmates. I cannot even begin to imagine the trouble those two would get up to.

As for number two...yes, as you know, we debate this constantly with no agreed end in sight. Bah. Please do keep us updated.

4:32 PM  
Blogger Molly said...

Well, here goes nothing, eh?

As we all love to hear every fucking day, we're not getting any younger!

1:43 PM  
Blogger caramama said...

I always try to think about the fact that even if/when (g)you do get pregnant, it's still another 9 months until the new baby arrives (hopefully). So that gives people time to prepare and be in a new stage with their toddlers and all of that.

That said, I'm less than a month away from baby boy's due date, and I'm still kind of freaking out! Eek! But if we had waiting until we felt 100% prepared, we never would have had children!

Good luck! I hope things work out. And you should totally move down near me! We went to one of the best fertility centers in the country (possibly world), which is right around the corner from us!

10:46 AM  
Blogger OneTiredEma said...

You don't want to hear that age 3 has the potential to be horrific, right? You don't read those Ask Moxie posts, right?

Moving on!

In terms of timing, etc., there is only hindsight. If you had asked me in 2006 what I thought my kids' spacing I would have cried a lot. Now I think it's superb.

12:43 PM  
Blogger Yo-yo Mama said...

I'm going to ride that cobra bitch for all it's worth, trust me.

Two? Easy!

Three? Cakewalk!

Four? Huh?

Five? WTH??

Six? more WTH??

Seven?? Spawn of satan on hormones.

10:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home