Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Bad timing

I just got my period. The cycling can begin. Hooray, you say? Perhaps. BUT. Counting forward the days based on how my clinic does Clomid IUI cycles (day 3 monitoring, day 12 monitoring and trigger, day 13 IUI), I will have monitoring next Saturday and IUI Sunday. (If--BIG if--I get a single follicle on the right side, that is.) And it just so happens that my parents are arriving next Friday for a 3-day visit.

On one hand, hey, we won't have to worry about babysitting--my mom can watch Bat Girl while we swan off to the clinic at 6:30 a.m.! On the other hand, any scenario in which one has to discuss being inseminated with one's own mother is just not a good one, you know? Especially since I certainly haven't even mentioned to my parents that we're THINKING of trying for #2, let alone actually trying.

The thing that irritates me the most is that I ACTUALLY HAD SOME CONTROL OVER THIS. If I had waited just two days--heck, even ONE day--to start taking the Provera, if I had thought ahead a little, this wouldn't be a problem. But I assumed it wouldn't work so quickly (I just took the last pill Saturday), and if it did, certainly I wouldn't get my period on Tuesday, THE WORST POSSIBLE DAY TO GET IT for scheduling purposes, would I?

Bleah. It is what it is. I guess we'll just deal.

In other news, I almost entered an online contest to win a new baby carrier. Then I didn't, because I am not insane.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home