Saturday, August 29, 2009

I haven't forgotten about you

There just isn't much to say. Today is 4dpiui and I am, of course, on SymptomWatch '09. I actually have almost none of the symptoms I had last time around, which I am choosing to attribute to the fact that I only had one egg this time (instead of the 3 I had last time) and do not appear to be hyperstimulated, thank jeebus.

At roughly this point the last time I did this, I was seriously bloated, horribly constipated, zitty, and felt my ovaries banging up against my other internal organs every time I moved. This time, I had some achiness and cramping all through my lower abdomen about 36 hours after the IUI, and am still a little tender around my right ovary, but only when I am, say, head-butted in the abdomen by a 2.5 year old. I can walk without pain and am pretty much maintaining my regular level of activity--today I loaded Bat Girl up in the stroller and made the 20 minute walk to Tar-jay at my usual pace.

I am a little bloated, but it's "ate a big burrito" bloat as opposed to the "20 weeks pregnant" bloat I had last time. (Though I see, looking back at my archives, that the initial bloating subsided after a few days, and then around 10dpiui is when I really ballooned.) I'm zitty, but not significantly more so than what's been normal for me lately. And not that you need to know this, but I am pooping perfectly.

I could interpret all this as "Sorry, not going to get pregnant this time." Sometimes I do. And sometimes I slip into ridiculous newbie-esque optimism, like when I Googled "implantation cramping" at 2dpiui even though I KNEW there was NO WAY that could be what I was feeling. But I am trying to maintain an overall Zen attitude--we are still, after all, at a state of Schrodinger's Uterus (tm Robbie), so there's no point in freaking out over what is still indeterminate.

Of course, I did buy HPTs at Target today. And Tylenol to take instead of ibuprofen for the soreness due to my newly-tightened braces. You know, just in case.

PS The main purpose of this trip to Target was not the HPTs but some heinous character underpants for BG--Tinkerbell, to be exact. I am SO OVER potty training at this point and am willing to do almost anything, including bribery, to push it over the top and just be done already. So if my child is going to be obsessed with freaking "Disney fairies" anyway (a family member gave us a bootleg DVD of the Tinkerbell movie, which is just about the most terrible thing I've ever seen, and yet BG can't get enough of it), I figure I might as well use it to my advantage.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger May said...

Embrace bribery. Bribery is your friend.

Schrodinger's Uterus. I'm dying here. You ARE a true nerd!!

12:09 AM  
Blogger caramama said...

OMG, I LOVE the term "Schrodinger's Uterus"!!! It couldn't be more perfect!

I'm going to say something you totally already know. But for some reason, I can't resist saying it... You may have completely different symptoms this time. So you can't judge it only by what you experienced in the past. ;-) Keep up the Zen attitude!

11:58 AM  
Blogger MoMo said...

Bribery works...I used crackers..I know boring but it worked!

Love the zen attitude!

8:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home