SymptomWatch06: Definitely TMI
1. The sorest boobs in the world, requiring them to be encased in stiff, padded, molded-cup bras so as to prevent anyone or anything from coming anywhere near them.
2. Abdominal bloating, resulting in an attractive muffin top spilling over the waistband of my jeans. (Side note: I find this sentence, from the above link, inexplicably hilarious: "Jeans are usually considered a slimming article of clothing, but when improperly sized give the illusion of being fat." Yes. Yes, that is true.) Unfortunately, last winter, in a fit of organizational mania (aka fuck-it-I'm-never-getting-pregnant-anyway frustration), I got rid of all my fat pants, so I must suffer.
3. Continued tenderness in the ovarian vicinity. How long is this supposed to last, anyway? It's subsided a lot, but still makes running across the street (before the light changes) a bit uncomfortable.
4. A lovely smattering of zits across my forehead and cheeks. Normally my post-O breakouts are around my nose and chin, so I can only conclude that the extra follicles this month gave my hormones a special boost.
5. Epic constipation. Let's just leave it at that. I don't think it's related to the IUI or the other symptoms, other than contributing to #2, but it sure doesn't make my life any more fun. ETA: After consulting Dr. Google, I see that progesterone can cause constipation. More zits and constipation--progesterone is awesome! Whee!
I also saw on the toilet paper this morning, the teeniest, tiniest, palest brown bit of spotting ever. It's a little early for implantation bleeding, but you never know...
I know this is going to sound hard to believe, but until today, I actually had no idea when I was scheduled to have my beta--no one at my clinic bothered to tell me specifically--and even more astonishingly, I wasn't all that anxious about it. I finally called the clinic this morning to ask. (Sunday, the 11th, in case you were wondering.) I've pretty much decided to POAS on the 10th, which will be 13dpiui.
I'm feeling shockingly relaxed about this 2ww. Of course, by mid-week next week I may be going crazy with anticipation, but for now, I'm just going with the flow.