Tuesday, May 23, 2006

I love the smell of ultrasound gel in the morning

Thanks for all the supportive comments on my wimpy injector post. Sube said it best, I think: "I cry every time, not from the pain, but simply because I have to do it at all. That's the part that sucks." Standing there, with that needle pointing at my belly, is a (literally) painful reminder of just how my body has failed, in a way that popping pills or, frankly, even riding the dildocam is not. But it does seem to be getting easier--last night, I still got anxious in the half-hour before I did it, but the injection itself went off without a hitch.

After months of hibernation, my right ovary has finally woken up, just in time for spring. And with a vengeance: At this morning's ultrasound, the doctor counted six (smallish) follicles on the right side, and about the same on the left (didn't even bother to count). A nurse just left me a message--no surprise, I'm to reduce my dose to 75IU and come back Thursday. I hope one or two of those suckers will break away from the pack.

3 Comments:

Blogger Amy said...

It took me two weeks before I could let my husband give me my intramuscular injection without dragging it out for 20 minutes, crying and telling him to stop every time he was about to jab me. Sube is right, it's not the pain, it's that you have to go through that. I totally understand how you feel.

Congrats on the follicles! I'll be sending good vibes your way. Good luck!

7:27 PM  
Blogger MoMo said...

Go right ovary!! Nice follicle count! Good luck and I will be thinking of you!

9:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Electriclady, first of all, congratulations on how you are handling the injections. That must suck, and I think you're being very brave about it. And then, of course, congratulations on your good follicle count. Hoping one of the follicles starts hogging all the growth resources soon, and produces one single luscious, welcoming, take-me-now egg.

10:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home