Saturday, May 20, 2006

CD3 fun and games

The only good thing about having to get up at the crack of dawn on a SATURDAY to make it to early morning monitoring hours is that I didn't have to put on makeup, do my hair, or attempt to piece together a decent work outfit while half-blind with sleep deprivation, as I normally must on weekdays. (Not only to I need to get up two hours earlier to make it to the clinic early enough to get out of there and get to work...whenever I have to get up early, I'm so anxious about it I can't sleep the night before.) I did, however, give the ol' cooter a quick scrub--it being CD3 and all, I thought that was only common courtesy. Ultrasound and bloodwork all OK, so I'm cleared to start shooting up tonight.

On my way to the pharmacy this afternoon to pick up my meds, I stopped off at Large Generic American Chain Store and bought a new pair of jeans. Tight jeans. These jeans, actually. In a totally pregnancy-incompatible size, shall we say.

I know it might seem crazy, considering I'm starting a new treatment cycle and I very well could be pregnant in a month. In fact, the Follistim bloat alone will probably make this seem like a very dumb purchase very quickly. But it's self protection, really. I spent so long putting things off because I might get pregnant--buying a cute outfit, planning a vacation, etc. etc. And the months rolled by, and I didn't get pregnant, and I didn't enjoy myself either.

So fuck it. I'm not putting my life on hold. (And the jeans were on sale, AND they make my ass look great.)

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good for you, Electriclady!

Wishing you so much luck for this cycle, my dear.

9:18 AM  
Blogger Thalia said...

I think that's a very smart purchase. I've been putting off buying work clothes for ages, as a consequence of which I look like a bag lady which isn't very impressive. I say live for the moment.

1:36 PM  
Blogger MoMo said...

Good for you on those jeans! They look great...and I was like you, I put everything off thinking I might be pregnant-and I stopped enjoying myself. I am so glad that you are not thinking this way anymore! Glad to hear you are all clear. I will be crossing my entire body for you for this cycle!

2:26 PM  
Blogger Pregnant In Texas said...

Amen, sister! I think more women should have your kind of attitude.

4:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good Ass Jeans are always a good purchase - in fact I did the same last weekend, I had put off buying some new work suits and finally caved.

Wishing you the best of luck for your cycle.

8:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You go, girl! I think it's best to act like nothing different is happening. it keeps your stress level down. Live it up!

12:57 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

YEAH for great jeans!! I know what you mean about putting so many things off because you "might be pregnant" I think you totally deserve an awesome pair of jeans!!

3:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home