Monday, April 24, 2006

Another one down

This is not my week. A coworker of mine (not the fertile one, another one) just announced she's pregnant. Due in November. Naturally, she said "And we only tried once!" For those keeping score at home, that's 2 pregnancy announcements in 5 days, bringing to a grand total of 23 (yes, twenty-three) the number of friends, relatives, and coworkers of mine that have conceived and/or given birth since last August. Let's go for an even 25 by this August, shall we?

Which begs the question, why does this still upset me so much? You think I'd be used to it by now. But I still had to stiff-upper-lip it through the congratulatory conversation, and as soon as she left I shut my office door and welled up. I'm able to be unreservedly happy for fellow IFers, but let someone else announce they're pregnant and I'm a basket case.

I'm in a foul mood. I'm feeling very pessimistic about this cycle. And I'm having what I assume are side effects from the Clomid--acne, mood swings, and other hormonal delights. I'm signing off now before I become even more of a bummer.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Blech. I think that would piss me off even if I hadn't had issues.

9:14 PM  
Blogger MoMo said...

I know it is hard to hear pregnancy news/annoucement. I can't handle it either. Sorry that you are having a hard time. Hang in there...it is probably the clomid playing with your hormones.

9:47 AM  
Blogger Jen said...

Fertile co-workers are so, so hard to deal with. If I hear another co-worker of mine exclaim, "No one told me it was this easy to get pregnant!" I will have to kill someone.

Your foul mood is completely understandable, though I do hope that you have some brief moments that are filled with non-hormonal peace.

9:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home