Monday, November 14, 2011

4dp5dt

What I am proud of today:

• Last night I did the PIO shot WITHOUT THE EMLA CREAM. I wanted to see if I could do it; my husband thought I was crazy. But I did it, and it wasn't actually that bad. I'm going to keep doing it without now, just because it's kind of a pain to put it on and then wait 60-90 minutes with the dressing on before I can do the actual shot. But I'm really glad I used it for the first week; it made what was a terrifying thing into something actually manageable.


What I am not proud of today:

• I tested this morning. It was WAY TOO EARLY but I kept feeling symptom-y, and I knew that the trigger shot would be out of my system by now (I always test clean 8dpo, like clockwork), so even though I had resolved to wait until Thursday or at least Wednesday, I busted open the box of FRERs.

The control line came up right away, with a big ol' blank space next to it. Since I know the second line, if it's going to show up, almost always comes up right away too, I didn't bother waiting the full five minutes and playing the squinting and angling game. I stuck the test in the wrapper and shoved it in the trash; then I went into the kitchen, fed the cat, and made breakfast for Bat Girl.

Ten minutes later, I headed back into the bathroom for my shower. And I (looks around, whispers) dug the test out of the trash and looked at it, even though I KNOW you're not supposed to do that. Sure enough, there was now the shadow of a second line, and I stood there torturing myself--real line? evap line? hallucination???

Now, of course, this means there is NO WAY I can wait until Wednesday to test again. I am going to have to buy another 3-pack of HPTs so I can test every day between now and Saturday. Don't worry, I will most assuredly keep you all posted.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Jody said...

OK. I am not supposed to laugh. But _as_ I was reading you describe throwing it away, I was thinking, "well, _that_ will make digging it out to peek a pain."

Seriously, does anyone get an _evaporation_ line? Chem pregnancy, maybe. Hallucination? No way.

Happy POAS.

6:03 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

I'm crossing my fingers for you that it was a real line. I too was thinking, she can't just throw it away. I would have totally dug it out too. :-)

6:36 PM  
Blogger shanna said...

AS IF we would let you wait until Wednesday to test again, with a story like that!

8:17 PM  
Blogger Yo-yo Mama said...

I never understood the idea of waiting until the beta test. WHO DOES THAT??

I bought a couple boxes of the dollar tests at the dollar store. I figured if a second line showed up on those fuckers, it was no hallucination. And I saw a second line with Aitch at 6dp3dt. So yeah. It happens.

11:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home