Thursday, November 03, 2011

All systems go

It's official: I'm to trigger at (exactly) 10:30 pm tonight; retrieval 10:30 am on Saturday. Unlike with my IUIs, I'm supposed to go in for blood and u/s tomorrow morning, apparently to make sure the trigger shot absorbed properly and to do a follicle count. Also to review final instructions with a nurse, which I assume will include when to take the antibiotics and medrol.

I'm relieved that at least one of the big days (retrieval and transfer) is falling on a weekend, so I don't have to take more than one day off work (or, more accurately, call in sick). Unfortunately for our friend and neighbor who agreed to babysit, we have to dump BG at her place by 8:30 in the morning. But hey, that's what they make cartoons for, right?

*****

I ended up with the friendly phlebotomist today. She smiled when I winced as the needle went in and said, "That wasn't so bad!" (It was.) "It always easier after you have baby. You have baby, right?" Yes, I muttered.

"How old is your baby?"

"Almost five."

"Five! How can it be so long! I remember you very well! It seem like just yesterday!"

Maybe because I WAS HERE YESTERDAY, I thought but did not say.

*****

Some of the nurses, as they're prepping the u/s room, now leave a few prepackaged "feminine wipes" on the counter and murmur as they leave, "These are for you in case you need them after the ultrasound." This is new to me. I guess it's a nice touch, but is it really necessary? Doesn't everyone just crumple up the paper drape and swab themselves with that as they hop off the table? Or is that just me?

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Heather said...

Almost 5? How did our babies get so old?

And yes... I just wipe with the paper drape. Doesn't everyone?

2:12 AM  
Blogger Heather said...

P.S. Good luck this weekend. I will be crossing my fingers for you that all goes perfectly.

2:13 AM  
Blogger Jody said...

I think my rooms all had little boxes of kleenex. Those paper drapes are so scratchy! But I think it was a combo of both.

GOOD LUCK. 8:30 is not that early to drop off a kid. Really, easy peasy on that one.

11:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home