Sunday, November 13, 2011

3dp5dt

Yesterday my husband took Bat Girl to a birthday party so I could stay home and rest. I probably should have taken a nice long nap, since I had to get up early to hit morning monitoring to get my progesterone level checked (all good), but instead I curled up on the couch to catch up on Friday Night Lights. I've been slowly making my way through the first season, 5 years late, and loving it.

So yesterday was the season 1 finale, the big state championship. And wouldn't you know it (SPOILER ALERT for the 5 people out there who haven't yet watched this show like me), before the opening credits even roll, Tami Taylor finds out she's pregnant. The nurse (Smash's mom) asks her, "Was this planned?" And Tami, the mother of a 16-year-old, smiles through her tears and says something like, "We planned it 13 years ago. And then we planned it 12 years ago. And 11 years ago, and 10 years ago. And then we figured, we have our beautiful little girl, maybe this just isn't God's plan for us."

And I lost it. I sat there on my couch, sobbing at a fictional television character's happy ending, and hoping for that joy for myself.

*****

SymptomWatch: I had a little cramping the day of transfer and the day after. Yesterday and today I've been feeling a heaviness in the general uterine vicinity. Woke up this morning with sore, sensitive nipples. I'm trying not to read too much into it and just take it one day at a time. I've decided to POAS on Thursday. Maybe Wednesday if I can't take it anymore.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Heather said...

Sending good vibes your way!!

3:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, I remember that moment! I don't think we had Daniel yet when it first aired, but it was one of the few tv pregnancy moments that didn't hurt.

I have a unicornuate uterus too. I'm pretty sure I probably read your blog a few years ago since I tried to find others with UUs, but I'm back from a lengthy blogging hiatus.

Good luck on your cycle!

12:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home