Thursday, March 11, 2010

All clear

Quick update: Had the HSG this morning. Tube is clear. So we're basically in the same place--no reason IUI shouldn't work, if and when we get the desire and/or money and/or insurance to try again.

The procedure itself was a little...pinchier than I remembered from when I had it in 2006. But it was a lot faster, because I had given the radiologist a heads-up about my unicornuate uterus ahead of time (and since it was the same facility where I had my previous HSG as well as the MRI confirming the UU diagnosis, he was able to call up the records), so he didn't have to waste time trying to get dye to flow through a tube that isn't there. I also haven't had really any cramping, again I think because I didn't have all that extra fluid pumped into my abdomen.

Also, my uterus looks exactly like a tiny banana. That is all.

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Thalia said...

Glad to hear it's just as expected. Fingers crossed at some point the desire/money/insurance come together.

6:34 PM  
Blogger Molly said...

Well, an open tube is a lovely thing.

Also, mine is like two little bananas. A tiny bunchlet.

11:19 AM  
Blogger Miss W said...

Glad the tube is clear! Though I always think of my UU as being shaped like one of those "li'l smokey" mini sausage links!

2:21 PM  
Blogger caramama said...

Thinking of you and hoping it all works out!

3:57 PM  
Blogger Becca Daws said...

So glad your tube is clear and I remember mine too looked like a tiny banana.

Oh the fun of the UU.

Hoping your dream comes true again really soon.

4:07 PM  
Blogger MsPrufrock said...

Clear is good. I'd forgotten the associated feeling with the HSG - "pinched" definitely covers it.

All hail Mini Banana Ute.

7:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home