Sunday, November 08, 2009

Fingers crossed

If I were superstitious, I would consider it a good sign that today was another gorgeous, warm, sunny, perfect Sunday, just like the day of the IUI that resulted in Bat Girl 3.5 years ago (albeit in November instead of May). I would also consider it a good sign that today's IUI was performed by the same doctor who did that successful 2006 IUI. If I were superstitious, that is. Not that I am.

IUI itself was uneventful. Doctor declared it a "good sample," 26 million or so, and was in and out in a flash.

I can definitely feel my ovaries, though most of the tenderness is on the left, which concerns me a bit considering both of the leading follicles were on the right. But I feel pretty good otherwise, besides the requisite ridiculous nipples that the hcG shot always seems to produce in me. We'll see what happens.

If this doesn't work, I think we may take a break after this one. The prospect of diving into another injectibles cycle fills me with dread, and I just feel worn down by the whole process. My husband is also in favor of taking a break for a few months. There are some other boring insurance complications factoring into all of this, which I won't take up your time with, other than to say we may be switching plans 12/1/09 instead of 1/1/10 which will save us a lot of money but will also end our IF coverage. Either way, I will probably stock up on a couple of Gonal-F pens before our insurance coverage for IF runs out. They only cost me $25 each (I know!!!), so if we do end up cycling again next year I can save a few thousand bucks that way, and if not I can give them away.

But hopefully this cycle will work. Please, please, please let it work.

Labels:

9 Comments:

Blogger Jody said...

It's good to have the beginnings of a what-next plan.

Even better not to need it.

I'll keep my fingers crossed!

9:53 PM  
Blogger MoMo said...

crossing my fingers and sending positive vibes!!

Hopefully you won't need those gonal-F pens and will be busy searching for someone who needs it!!

9:47 AM  
Blogger caramama said...

Fingers crossed!

10:37 AM  
Blogger OneTiredEma said...

Hope it's all rosy in the end! :)

11:21 AM  
Blogger Aunt Becky said...

Fingers crossed, yo!

6:12 PM  
Blogger Me said...

Good luck!

10:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

good luck! i hope this is it for you!

6:49 PM  
Anonymous Yo-yo Mama said...

I'm here rooting you on

And on and on and on!

9:27 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

I'm definitely keeping my fingers crossed for you!! :-)

10:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home