Tuesday, November 03, 2009

An open letter to my ovaries

Listen up, ladies. I know that historically speaking, we have not always been on the best of terms, you and I. But seriously--flaunting two 14-15 mm follicles on Sunday, only to have nothing bigger than 12 mm to show today? Are you kidding me with this?

I guess I shouldn't have been surprised--apparently you went on an estrogen-producing strike over the weekend, making my E2 plunge from 250-something on Friday to 80 on Sunday (according to the doctor this morning). But that's why we upped my dosage, so you would get more delicious gonadotropins to snack on. I just never realized that follicles would actually shrink this late in a cycle.

I'm interpreting your renewed interest in producing estrogen (E2=279 this morning) as a peace offering. In return, I promise to continue delivering sweet gonadotropins for at least two more days, but I expect a little more motivation on your part.

In closing: WTF? And also: Get your act together. Thank you.

Your friend,
electriclady

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Jody said...

Argh.

I'm late and out of the loop on your cycling hell. I hope those ovaries listen up and get on board. And I hope you can keep your equilibrium, too. (It's a toss-up which will be harder, I bet.)

11:01 PM  
Anonymous Yo-yo Mama said...

Part of that has to be the tech, too, when it comes to reading the size of the follicles. I could almost guess the size of mine based on the tech. Now your E2 levels? That's some crazy shit right there.

Don't you wish you could meet your ovaries in a dark alley somewhere?

11:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home