Monday, February 11, 2008

Sniff

Monday pop quiz! Which of the following is NOT conducive to a restful, relaxing weekend?

a) You are sick.
b) Your husband/partner is sick.
c) Your child is sick.
d) Your child is cutting a tooth.
e) No, wait, your child is cutting two teeth.
f) Did I say two teeth? I meant three teeth.
g) Holy fuck, she's cutting four teeth at once?

If you correctly answered (h) all of the above, congratulations! You win a lifetime supply of Theraflu and a hamper full of T-shirts with snot encrustations on the shoulders.

My parents were in town and I'd hoped to go out to brunch for Bat Girl's birthday plus get some professional photos taken of all of us (including with Bat Girl in her dol hanbok, the traditional Korean dress for her first birthday), but instead we laid around our apartment moaning (me) and drooling (BG) and leaking snot (all of us) while my mom made soup. I guess it could have been worse.

I'm at work now and so congested and miserable that I'm getting nothing done. But the alternative is going home and getting another layer of baby snot laid down on me, and right now sitting in my cubicle staring blankly seems more restful.

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Bird's Eye View Photography said...

oh yes, sounds like my weekend.

4:48 PM  
Blogger MsPrufrock said...

Dude, can I come over? Last week P and I were sharing colds and eye infections, plus she was teething two simultaneous teeth. Of course she was!

Four teeth by the way? Damn. Which ones? Four of P's molars came in at the same time a few months ago and it was hell. Poor little BG.

4:51 PM  
Blogger MoMo said...

I am so sorry everyone is sick...that is the worst--and I bet this weather is not helping the situation either. I hope everyone gets better soon.

9:10 PM  
Blogger TeamWinks said...

Lucky got his top four at the same time. I feel your pain. As far as snot stained shirts, right now I'm posing as a human tissue. Yummy.

Hope you guys feel better soon!

8:47 AM  
Blogger Caba said...

Sounds like my weekend too! Ugh. Mine are in daycare though ... so mommy stayed home sick yesterday and today and I'm sleeping and it is just the most restful 2 days I've had since my kids were born!

9:05 AM  
Blogger Aunt Becky said...

Sounds precisely like the past month here.

Get some rest (like that's an easy thing to do or something).

12:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home