Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Birth day

One year ago today, I hauled my pregnant, contracting ass out of bed before the crack of dawn, hopped a cab to the hospital, and had a baby dragged out of me feet first.

It's so strange to me that Bat Girl is one year old already. It feels like she just arrived and like she's been here forever, all at once. We had a little party for her this weekend, with her playgroup friends. She was a little confused by all the fuss and was more interested in patting her birthday cake than eating it, but she enjoyed running around in circles and showing off her vocabulary ("poon!"=spoon; "boppel!"=bottle; "boom boom!"; etc.).

I was going to write a whole long gushy post bragging about how awesome Bat Girl is and what she's doing and how my preshus is the best baybee EVAR! but I'm sure you've all read enough of that from me. (And it feels a little unseemly right now in light of the enormous grief pouring out elsewhere in the blogosphere.) So I'll just keep it simple.

Happy birthday, baby. I love you so much.

Labels:

9 Comments:

Blogger BrooklynGirl said...

Happy birthday Bat Girl!

1:20 PM  
Blogger MsPrufrock said...

Happy first birthday BG!

2:31 PM  
Blogger Aunt Becky said...

Happy birthday, ickle BG!

(has it really been a whole year?)

2:48 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

Happy Birthday Bat Girl!!!

Isn't it amazing how before they are born time seems to drag and after it can't go slow enough for you to capture every precious moment??

4:29 PM  
Blogger Me said...

Happy birthday batgirl, and happy 1st year of mothering electriclady.

8:45 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Yay!

8:51 PM  
Blogger MoMo said...

Happy birthday Bat Girl!!

9:25 PM  
Blogger Thalia said...

happy birthday batgirl! We're all so very glad you're here.

11:27 AM  
Blogger Jody said...

Happy First Birthday, Bat Girl!

And Happy Birthday to you guys, too. That first birthday deserves to be about the parents!

12:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home