Thursday, December 27, 2007

The joys of toddlerdom

Now that Bat Girl is full-on walking, there are many unexpected treats for her unsuspecting parents...finding her elbow deep in cat food (gate installed in kitchen doorway the next day), having her walk out of our bedroom holding my dirty underwear triumphantly aloft (in front of my parents, naturally), seeing her RUN around and around and around and around the coffee table until any reasonable person would collapse with exhaustion.

And then there's the fact that she can now pursue us wherever we go. This morning I left her in the living room with her dad and went into the bathroom. She started wailing, and then I could hear her climbing up the steps and toddling down the hall, sobbing the whole time. I called out to her, and she pushed open the bathroom door (it doesn't latch) and walked right in. And I got to have someone watch me poop for the first time since I was potty trained myself. Probably not the last time either.

Hope you all had good Christmases. We're heading out for the last of our family obligations today; I'll be back with more xmas updates this weekend.

3 Comments:

Blogger Bird's Eye View Photography said...

yeah-- good luck EVER "pottying" alone again... at lease for the next few years!

11:25 AM  
Blogger Caba said...

Oh wow ... now I see what I have in store for me!

7:13 PM  
Blogger MoMo said...

Oh...I can just picture what life will be once B starts walking!!
Happy New Year..I will email you once I get back!!

10:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home