Saturday, November 17, 2007

Cute overload

(Look, I don't have a baby book, so just indulge me, huh?)

Bat Girl took her first steps today!!!!!!

She's been getting ready for weeks now, pulling up then letting go for a few seconds, holding on to the sofa with one hand and sort of marching in place (hilarious), and more recently letting go long enough to give herself a round of applause ("AAaaayyyy!"). Today we were at a playdate and she pulled up on my friend's coffee table, let go, and took exactly one step before sitting back down. I almost cried, I was so excited. Then this evening, she was standing holding on to the subwoofer (yes, we let our baby play on expensive sound equipment, why do you ask?) when she let go, clapped her hands excitedly, and like it was nothing in the world, took three steps--left, right, left--then fell to her hands and knees and crawled off.

So exciting! And OMG we are so fucked!

Other cutenesses this week:
• Lately she has been holding her favorite little finger puppets up to my mouth (and sometimes just shoving them into my mouth) like she wants to feed them to me. (Exaggerated comical chomping noises in response are a big hit.) It is so cool to see her watching and imitating us this way.
• The other night, instead of falling asleep with her bedtime bottle like she usually does (I know, I know, it's a bad habit that will lead to all her [nonexistent] teeth rotting out of her head, we are terrible parents), she downed the whole thing then was still awake, so I turned off the lights to rock her to sleep. She snuggled in to me, grabbed the pendant I was wearing, and played with it while occasionally gazing up and me and giggling. Then she decided to reach up and pat my cheeks and chin, still giggling. And then my heart exploded into a million pieces.

(We will return to your regularly scheduled bitching and moaning next week. If I can't get my act together to write about my in-laws in the next few days, I am sure I will be VERY motivated to write about them after spending Thanksgiving with them.)

7 Comments:

Blogger Miss W said...

That is so great -- first steps are so incredible to see. But wow...she's mighty young to be so mobile. I think you're right -- so fucked ;)

9:41 PM  
Blogger MsPrufrock said...

Bat Girl, fricking girl genious over there. Huge developments are so exciting!

I cried when P started crawling. I am so lame.

2:32 AM  
Blogger Meg said...

She certainly is a genius girl. :) Such an adorably cutecutecute image of baby love there in the face-touching.

6:21 AM  
Blogger May said...

Awww... Congrats!!!!

I'm with you on the in-laws. I get to wait til Christmas for my dose, though.

11:34 AM  
Blogger Antropóloga said...

Awww. How fun!

12:24 PM  
Blogger MoMo said...

How exciting!! Go Batgirl! I can't wait to find out what she will do next.

Have fun at the in-laws! Maybe we can compare notes! let me know when/if you can meet up for lunch in December!

8:14 PM  
Blogger Bird's Eye View Photography said...

I love hearing about her-- I want to see a picture!! Post it for a day or something!

1:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home