Monday, October 08, 2007

Sleep, the bad and the good

The bad:

Yesterday morning I was so tired that I fell asleep (SITTING UP, I fell asleep sitting up!) while playing with Bat Girl and she fell off the couch. I knew I was pushing it--I had stupidly gone to bed at midnight the night before (vacuuming, sweeping, doing dishes, nothing fun, trust me) and then BG was up every two hours and up for the day at 6. I was so tired, I was practically hallucinating. I was so tired, I felt sure I was going to have a psychotic break. I was so tired, I kept dozing off as I sat next to BG on the floor while she banged her toys together and tried to scale the TV stand (don't worry, we've blocked it off with pillows so she can't actually climb it, but she does like to stand up and pat the TV screen).

So perhaps removing to the couch was not the brightest idea I've ever had. The scary thing is that I didn't even see it happen. One minute I was sitting right next to BG--literally in contact with her body--holding her by the ankle just in case. The next thing I knew, there was a thud and she was lying on the carpet. Yikes.

(She was totally fine, btw. She cried but only for a minute. And this is not as bad as when my husband had her and she fell off the bed onto the hardwood floor. But I still feel like a bad mommy.)

The good:

I went to bed at 10:30 last night and BG only got up ONCE all night AND slept until 6:30. I haven't slept this much in MONTHS. Woohoo!

4 Comments:

Blogger May said...

One waking in 8 hours! That's fabulous. When D got down to 1 waking per night, I felt like finally, here was a state of affairs I could sustain indefinitely. Of course, now I'm up 3x a night with a full bladder, but D sleeps great!!

5:54 PM  
Blogger Caba said...

You are making me so nervous! I thought my endless nights were over with! I really hope things settle back into a routine for you, and you get some sleep ... And you aren't a bad mommy! Sleep deprivation is the worst!

8:17 PM  
Blogger Antropóloga said...

Glad you got some rest! My kid was getting molars and I had a bunch of schoolwork and a job interview and was a wreck. I ended up taking a comforter and pillows and trying to rest on the floor of the playroom. She kept climbing over me so it wasn't really restful but at least I got to keep my eyes closed!

9:22 PM  
Blogger MoMo said...

I hope that Sunday night was a sign that you guys are seeing the end of the waking nights! And OMG, the falling thing must have been scary! I am glad that Batgirl is okay. Hang in there..things will get better!

8:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home