Monday, September 03, 2007

More trouble

After last week's first real crawling, Bat Girl has added to her repertoire:

• a downward dog-ish pushing-off with her feet that, when done with her hands on an elevated surface (say, Mommy's hip while Mommy is lying on her side on the floor), suspiciously resembles pulling up;

• after being assisted by my mother to stand with her hands on the edge of my parents' couch, several cruising-like steps along said couch;

• crawling UP TWO STEPS from our sunken living room to the foyer. Yes, she cried the whole time out of frustration and I think semi-panic at not knowing exactly where she was taking herself, but I know she will soon figure out that this feat can be repeated. Let me say it again: My seven-month-old baby CRAWLED UP STEPS.

Crap crap crap. Large prison-like baby gate contraption has been ordered. Pray for me.

6 Comments:

Blogger May said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!

I am so mean. Why would other people's trouble bring me such joy???

D can now CLIMB OUT OF HER CRIB. So I'm pretty screwed, too.

11:30 PM  
Blogger MsPrufrock said...

This kid is a genius, I'm telling you. Also, the 7 month old thing is still really freaking me out.

Where has the time gone??

3:01 AM  
Blogger MoMo said...

Oh my....brace yourself!!! B is "froggin" as we call it-I don't think he is where BG is!! He loves the downward dog position too! Let me know how those contraptions really works!

11:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow. My 1year old still doesn't crawl properly, forget about walking.

4:12 PM  
Blogger Antropóloga said...

Wow, she's really getting around.

You never we never did end up needing any of those gates or anything. I've sort of trained her to follow me around like a puppy. But I know a lot of people like them.

4:57 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

HeHeHe!! My 8 month old stays where I put him....

People keep asking me when he will crawl. My answer not any time soon if I can help it!! :-)

5:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home