Monday, August 13, 2007

Bloglines question

OK, I've finally joined the 21st century and gotten a Bloglines account. Am slowly adding feeds for what is apparently the hundreds of blogs I read. (In addition to my blogroll here, which I only update once in a blue moon, I've got a million blogs bookmarked.)

Those of you who are more experienced Bloglines users, maybe you can help me--why do some of the feeds display the whole entry and others only the first few sentences? And yes, I made sure the default posting length option is "display entire posting" and even went in to some individual feeds and changed it, but it still won't give me the whole entry. And the whole point of doing feeds is to make fewer clicks for myself, after all.

4 Comments:

Blogger shanna said...

Some bloggers choose to send only the first few lines of each post out on the feed - nothing you (as a reader) can do about it.

8:46 PM  
Blogger Me said...

No idea, I get that too. I also find sometimes that it'll show a post as new when it isn't. Too techy and modern for my poor brain so I stumble through it.

12:55 AM  
Blogger Thalia said...

as shanna said, some people don't publish the full feed (like me). I used to but i found out my posts were being stolen and republished on another site for them to make money off, so I stopped. I get a lot of flack for it, but there you go!

2:36 AM  
Blogger Jody said...

Yeah, this drives me a tiny bit crazy, too, but I'm really sympathetic to thalia's situation and I figure, at least I know when someone's updated and THEN I can click through.

The real avalanche comes when I've been on vacation and suddenly there are 1000 posts to read. Uff da!

7:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home