Friday, July 20, 2007

Long time no

The other day I was catching up on my blog reading and getting annoyed (in a totally loving way, of course) at all the folks on my blogroll who haven't updated lately. Then realized, hello, I haven't exactly been a model blogger myself lately. (That said: Kath, Beth, Momo, you'd better post soon! And Ornery and Robbie--what, they think having twins makes them so busy or something?)

What are my excuses for not posting? Mostly, work has been kicking my ass. I thought coming back to work would give me tons of time to email and blog, but really I'm trying to get the same amount of work done in much less time. (Pre-baby, I worked until 7 pm or so every night--while on bed rest, I'd often work until 10 pm simply because I had nothing else to do. Now I dash out of the office at 5.) I work nonstop all day, then bring work home and do some more after I put Bat Girl to bed. Ugh. Which leaves little time for composing blog posts. I think of ideas for posts all the time, I just never have a chance to get them down.

Also, for a while there my work life was coming uncomfortably close to colliding with my blog life (sorry I can't be more specific) and I was worried about being outed, so I thought it would be good to lay low.

Finally, there's the typical no longer trying to have a baby blah blah blah where do I fit in the infertile world now blah blah blah mommy blog blah blah blah stuff. It's been said by many others many times before me, so I won't reiterate.

It bums me out when people have their babies and then just stop blogging, so I do want to keep going. I just need to figure out how to make the time to post more often. But I will. I promise.

4 Comments:

Blogger heather said...

i'm trying to figure out how to fit it all in too, and i'm not working. post when you can and at least i'll be reading:)

7:02 PM  
Blogger May said...

I'm here, too!

10:53 AM  
Blogger TeamWinks said...

When you figure it out, let me know!

7:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Electriclady, it's good to hear from you -- and you are so right about my lack of posts recently (which I have begun to correct). As for your silence, you have (at least) two major reasons, either one of which would very effectively keep most people from blogging. It is hard to juggle all those competing demands and obligations -- and I think you're doing a tremendous job so far.

1:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home