Thursday, October 11, 2007

Sadness

I've been following the story of this little girl (who is just four days older than Bat Girl) for several months now. So this news saddened me beyond words.

My heart hurts for her parents.

I wish I had donated BG's cord blood when she was born. I wish I were not, frankly, too chickenshit to be a registered bone marrow donor. (I am struggling to overcome this. It is not something I am proud of.) Asian bone marrow donors are desperately needed.

Today was her funeral. I gave my baby an extra long squeeze.

1 Comments:

Blogger TeamWinks said...

Stem cells have given my dad five more years so far of life. He was expected to live for two without them. This December marks the seventh anniversary. My heart breaks when politicians fail to see the very very human side of stem cells and s.c. research.

8:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home