Monday, November 26, 2007

Happy blogiversary to me

Two years ago today, I wrote my very first blog post. (My first and second blog posts, actually.) I'd been reading infertility blogs for over a year (the usual story: googling some variation on PCOS and infertility, stumbled across Julie, got hooked), but never thought I would start one of my own. But when I was hit with my UU diagnosis, I was filled with so much rage and self-pity and frustration and grief, and the only thing I could think to do with all of it was to sit down at the computer and pour it onto the Internet.

One year ago today, I had just hit the 28-week mark in my pregnancy, and completed the first four of what would end up being fourteen weeks of modified bedrest. I was scared and lonely and bored and couldn't see further than the next doctor's appointment.

Through it all, this blog has helped me keep my sanity. YOU all have helped me keep my sanity. The silver lining of all the crap I went through to have a child is that I was able to connect with this amazing, hilarious, loving, supportive, worldwide community. I couldn't have done it without all of you. So happy blogiversary to me, but a huge thanks to you, my online peeps.

(Okay, that isn't the only silver lining. There's also the fact that my dysfunctional ovaries and fucked-up uterus--not to mention my husband's B-plus sperm--were able to create and gestate the most delicious baby on earth.)
[Picture deleted for privacy. Sorry!]

12 Comments:

Blogger Antropóloga said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!
Sweet and darling baby!

12:04 PM  
Blogger Jody said...

Happy anniversary.

What a beautiful baby you have!

12:24 PM  
Blogger Miss W said...

Happy anniversary! And adding to the chorus -- such a delicious little bug!

12:46 PM  
Blogger May said...

Mmm. Yummy baby! Happy Blogaversary to you!

1:16 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

Happy Anniversary!! What a sweet picture!! Thanks for sharing!!

1:25 PM  
Blogger MsPrufrock said...

Hooray, happy anniversary! Not to brag, but I'm approaching my third next month.

What a lovely photo! I was just thinking how we totally need a BG photo, even if it is only for a day.

2:49 PM  
Blogger Me said...

Happy blogiversary :)

Batgirl is adorable.

4:09 PM  
Blogger MoMo said...

Happy blogiversary!! Batgirl is a cutie!! Thanks for sharing!

7:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, yes -- she *is* delicious!

Happy Anniversary!

9:24 AM  
Blogger Thalia said...

happy blogiversary, and thank you for sharing that photo ( luckily I saw it last night before you took it down). She's gorgeous!

6:27 PM  
Blogger Becca Daws said...

Happy anniversary. Your blog has been such a help and valuable resource to me throughout my journey. I hope my UU and PCOS ovaries get their act together one day soon so that I can be as lucky as you!

Take care!

1:31 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Dear Electriclady, a very happy (belated) blogiversary to you! I'm so glad this past year has brought you so much joy, after all that horribleness you had to go through to get here.

I've just now caught up -- I know, I'm awful. You should see me, by the way -- eyes falling shut (that's not your doing! It's Banana's!), with a half-drunk Avent bottle on either side of my laptop, and a Medela pump towering over the ensemble. Nice. I've just gone back over all your breastfeeding posts, too (and doesn't this business just suck?) and wanted to encourage you to write that pumping post you were planning to do. You'd have a very interested reader(ship)!

I'm so bummed that I missed BG's picture. She sounds absolutely adorable, my dear.

7:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home