Thursday, January 03, 2008

Who says insurance companies don't care?

Beginning of a letter from my health insurance company to me, received yesterday, 10 months and 28 days after the birth of Bat Girl:
Dear [electriclady,]

Congratulations on the recent birth of your child! We want to remind you to schedule your postpartum visit, which should occur 21 to 56 days following delivery.


I guess this shouldn't surprise me, as we also just got a notice saying that they had rejected the claim for the ER visit my husband made the day before BG was born.

*****

To the person whose very loud and very obnoxious car alarm went off outside our window at 5 o'clock this morning, waking up a baby who had slept from 8 p.m. to 4:45 a.m., gotten up for a quick bottle, and just settled back down to sleep, thus launching 45 minutes of inconsolable crying: Fuck you. That is all.

4 Comments:

Blogger Miss W said...

And that final paragraph is why I am grateful to no longer live in the city. In some ways, the suburbs are divine.

Glad your insurance company is more on top of things than mine. (And I'm not exactly joking about that) ;)

11:04 AM  
Blogger BrooklynGirl said...

I wonder if we have the same insurance company. I recently got a notice that I had reached the midpoint in my pregnancy and should be thinking about prenatal testing options.

I scrawled a note back that I had had the baby months ago and now I get regular calls from a nurse line with tips about caring for my premature baby. WTF?

11:12 AM  
Blogger MoMo said...

Oh the joys of dealing with insurance co!! I got a call yesterday from a day care center in Chi.cago saying that they can finally accomodate us!

And that sucks about the car alarm!!! Argh!!!

12:48 PM  
Blogger MsPrufrock said...

I hear you. We had the same problem numerous mornings in a row, and had I been able to determine which car was making that awful fucking noise, I would have left a nasty note. I'm all about nasty notes.

1:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home