Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Nothing much to report

Which, in my world, is a good thing, I suppose.

I'm officially 14w2d today. After that one day of scare spotting last Thursday, I have been miraculously spot-free for the past 4.5 days (which statement should pretty well jinx me now). It has been two weeks and one day since my last ultrasound--the longest I've gone without US this whole pregnancy--and will be another two weeks until my next one. Absent any signs to the contrary, I assume I'm still pregnant and everything is going OK.

I decided not to get a doppler after all. No real rationale to the decision--just the realization that while hearing the heartbeat would probably make me feel a LOT better, it wouldn't actually change the outcome of anything. The (perhaps temporary, who knows?) cessation of spotting has made me feel more comfortable with the decision, at least for now. I figure I just need to hold out until my 16 week appointment and ultrasound, and then before my next US I ought to start feeling the baby move. However, I can't swear that in the next two weeks, I won't have another freakout and order a Baby Beat overnighted to me.

*****

I've been invited to a baby shower, for my friend R. I guess I am just a petty person, because the invite gave me the same pang that her belly shots did. I'm really not sure if I can do it. It's not that I don't want to celebrate and be happy for her--I'm just not sure if I can stand being in a roomful of normals talking about pregnancy for that long. I might make up some excuse and skip it, I haven't decided yet.

*****

I went out this weekend and bought that B@by B@rg@ins book. Holy crap, is that a terrifying tome. But it does allow me to pretend that I'm going to have a real live baby at the end of this. And also to shift my obsessing from "Is it still alive?" to what stroller we might want to purchase (in Big City, a decision that apparently makes a major statement about who you are as a human being), or where the hell we're going to put all the crap that is currently in what eventually, maybe, probably, will be the baby's room.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My attitude was much the same throughout my pregnancy so I totally relate. Baby showers still scare me.

As for Baby Bargains, remember that most of the advice in that book is meant for folks in the heartlands: not us citydwellers. I'd plan on having the absolute minimum in the beginning and acquire things as you need them (we got through the first 5 months with a car seat and Snap N Go until we decided on a stroller).

~Brooklyn Girl

6:43 PM  
Blogger MoMo said...

Nothing to report is a good thing!! I hear you about stollers, I didn't realize that there are the toyota's cadillac and jaguars of strollers!! I personally think it is insane. Since I am a small person and we live in the city, my priorities are the weight and size!

I hope you like the bella bands. I am still using them since maternity clothes still don't fit me right! Let me know how you like them!

9:14 AM  
Blogger Alli and Frankie said...

14w2d? That is awesome! Hopefully that will give you some relief. And I really hope the spotting stays away! I can't imagine how that must jar you to see.

12:37 PM  
Blogger Thalia said...

Sounds like it's starting to feel more real, and boy am I glad that the spotting has stopped. Let's hope it's gone for good!

1:53 PM  
Blogger TeamWinks said...

I also have a unicornuate uterus, mine has a communicating horn. I was also diagnosed borderline PCOS. You are the first person I have found (actually another IF blogger directed me here.) Email me sometime at thewaitingwomb@yahoo.com.

10:06 AM  
Blogger Me said...

I think the hurt of IF never really goes away. A friend has a 2 1/2 yr old IVF baby, and tells me she still feels it, and identifies as infertile. I can imagine that if I get pg at any point, that I will feel the same towards the easy-conceivers as I do now, not to mention the fact that my pregnancy would be high risk (fellow UUer), prob prem baby, and def not my dream birth!

5:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home