Monday, May 03, 2010

Infertiles! FRERs! A match made in heaven!

So apparently TLC.com has a new web-only reality series, A Conception Story. The idea was suggested to TLC by the makers of First Response, who will be supplying the participants with free ovulation and pregnancy tests.

I don't have a beef with the concept (it's actually quite brilliant, from a media/branding POV) and I haven't watched any of the episodes or even looked at the site. But I just had to share this quote from the NYTimes article on the series, which should elicit a snort from anyone who's had to allocate a special area of the medicine cabinet for HPTs:
Ms. Feldman [vp for marketing at First Response] said that while their customers are evenly split among those wanting a positive and negative result, “hopeful positives buy more boxes and use more sticks.”

You THINK???

(I also thought of the Serono ads Julie wrote about, where the husband is showing us his wife's gigantic stash of HPTs stacked and squirreled away in every spare inch of their home...)

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Alexa said...

Oh, god, I LAUGHED and LAUGHED at this. Thank you.

9:45 AM  
Blogger Jody said...

Publish that one in the Journal of Duh, I think.

I'd be embarrassed to admit how many boxes I still had, years after we were done trying. And I don't think "hopeful positive" is quite strong enough for the magical thinking I was engaged in.

11:21 AM  
Blogger OneTiredEma said...

sigh

(and I think I ditched 2 very, very expired ones when we packed for israel)

3:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home