Thursday, April 10, 2008

Why am I awake right now?

I have a job interview tomorrow. I don't particularly want this job. I like my current job. But despite our fat tax refund, we could really use some more money. So I'm going into this job interview, and if they ask for my salary requirements, I'm going to ask for nearly 40% more than what I'm making now. Because really, why the hell not?

The problem is that about a year and a half ago, our computer died and I lost the only digital version of my resume, and I never got around to making a new one. I still have hard copies of the old one, so it wasn't too hard recreating it, but I had never updated it to include my current job. So I'm sitting here at 10:30 pm trying to remember what the eff it is I do all day long.

5 Comments:

Blogger PiquantMolly said...

Seriously, why is it that typing a resume is one of the most dreadful experiences ever. You think we'd like talking about ourselves, but it's just such a pain in the ass.

10:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope I never have to find another job. This is why while working as a teacher, I constantly try other business ventures and eventually one will hit.

12:43 PM  
Blogger MoMo said...

Good luck on the interview today...I hope it goes well. Yes and putting together a resume is a pretty painful experience!!

12:45 PM  
Blogger sara said...

Good luck on the job interview, resumes can be such a pain in the butt.

7:50 AM  
Blogger Aunt Becky said...

My resume is so pathetic that I'm ashamed to even type it up.

Good luck.

10:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home