Wednesday, February 27, 2008

There really needs to be

a crib with a side that folds ALL the way down, so you can lie down next to your baby while she falls asleep, then just get up and leave.

(Normally our bedtime ritual is: bath, books, bottle, brush teeth, then I take Bat Girl into our bedroom and lie down with her until she falls asleep (20-30 minutes), then transfer to the crib. I like the lying-down-together time--it's sweet, Bat Girl likes to pat my face and crawl all over me before she finally settles down, but then she falls asleep without needing to be rocked or anything. But sometimes, like last night, she wakes up as I make the transfer and then I end up standing next to the crib for another 10-15 minutes rubbing her back or tummy to settle her back down--can't leave the room, oh no, not allowed. And so today I have a totally sore neck from leaning over the crib--which is why I don't just put her in the crib to fall asleep in the first place. The folding-side crib would solve all this! Especially if it were queen-sized! Not to mention that BG really does sleep better if she falls asleep in the same place she's going to wake up, pace Pantley.)

PS Thanks for all your gift suggestions. I think I'm going to go with Peter's Chair and some crayons and a coloring book. Play-Doh is a great idea too but I think too heavy to ship to Hong Kong. :)

4 Comments:

Blogger MsPrufrock said...

Dude, did you seriously just post twice in one day? Show-off.

I feel the same on the crib thing. I have thought similar on many occasions, mainly since I have put her to bed on her own rather than letting her fall asleep on me. She looks so cuddly and sweet that I just want to jump in with her. I can picture her in a few years when she is in her big girl bed saying, "Mum, get OUT of my bed. Seriously, you have your own."

5:32 PM  
Blogger MoMo said...

Yes, I think the queen size crib is a great idea...it will make life easier-especially is when they wake up in the middle of the night and you are too tired and sleepy to try to get them back to sleep--so you breakdown and take them to bed with you!

9:53 PM  
Blogger Meg said...

I have taken to just sleepng Jasper on a mattress on his bedroom floor instead on in the cot the last couple of weeks. Makes that Pantley thing a whole lot easier, but may be one of those things I wind up regretting when he gets more mobile.

I love the Arms Reach co-sleeper but I would NEVER be allowed to get one.

8:03 AM  
Blogger Aunt Becky said...

I second your emotion about the crib, duder. Seriously, the person who would invent that would get my Amex in a tizzy quickly.

1:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home