Monday, April 21, 2008

What was that about the terrible twos coming early?

A phone conversation, today, approx. 4 p.m.:

Husband: Yeah, she just dumped everything out of your T-shirt drawer.

Me: Well, make her put it all back.

Husband: Hey [Bat Girl], put the shirts back in the drawer.

Bat Girl (in the background): No!

*****

Kitchen chez electricfamily, approx. 6:30 p.m.:

Me (to BG, fussing in her high chair): Hang on a sec, I'm just making you a little guacamole.

Bat Girl: [ultrasonic, ear-piercing shriek]

Me: I think my eardrum just ruptured.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Aunt Becky said...

ALEX DOES THE SAME THING!!!

Holy crap you are making me feel like my child isn't a demon spawn! My big son, is, well, autistic, and as such never reacted like this to stuff.

Kids are weird, dude.

BG and Alex would sure have a fun time together!

9:37 PM  
Blogger sara said...

Definitely sounds like the terrible twos coming early. Hopefully they won't hang around too long. My sister's oldest went into the terrible twos early, and her next child waited awhile to develop them. She thought she was in the safety zone and then one day the beast was unleased and the terrible two (and a half almost threes) appeared. Thank heavens it doesn't last forever! Despite all that BG sounds really cute. Easy for me to say when I don't have to deal with the hard moments, huh?

10:11 AM  
Blogger statia said...

I'm kinda glad that the Mini isn't able to talk much yet, especially the No thing.

9:17 PM  
Blogger Antropóloga said...

My girl is the same. Cute in theory, not in practice. She recently said "No" over and over for 45 minutes.

12:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home