Tuesday, October 10, 2006

But enough about my butt

I know that last post was not among my most pleasant. (Even less pleasant: I did call my doctor today, and while I don't have to come in and get it checked out, she used all kinds of words you really don't want used around the topic of your ass, like "fissure" and "cauterization." She also suggested that, if I'm not sure where the blood is coming from, I should insert a tampon and take a look. Duh.) So let's move on, shall we?

Erin just tagged me, and I can't resist my first meme. So here goes--I guess for this one, I'm supposed to free-associate about each word?

System - I have systems for everything. I love color-coding, lists, spreadsheets, alphabetization, anything that helps me wrestle things into some semblance of order. I suppose that's the Capricorn in me.

Coffee - I didn't drink coffee until I went to college, and then I became an addict. I had one of those giant travel mugs tied to my bookbag so I could fill it up in the dining hall every meal and take it with me everywhere. Then I had a solid week of all-nighters, fueled mostly by nonstop mochacchinos (caffeine and sugar!), and it wrecked me so bad that when I finally came down, I quit cold turkey. Now, whenever I drink anything caffeinated, I literally get palpitations and sweaty palms. In the past decade, I think I've had maybe two cups of caffeinated coffee. I do enjoy a nice decaf soy latte, though--I'm such a freaking Bobo.

Cloud - When I was little, I didn't understand that clouds moved independently, driven by wind and weather. I thought that they stayed in one place and the earth rotated under them.

Harmony - When I sing along with the radio, I almost always sing the harmony. My husband likes to make up his own harmony, so we'll be singing along with some song in multi-part harmony. We're both musicians--in fact, that's how we met--and I hope our future child(ren) are musical, too.

Hmm, who to tag next? I'll tag Julia, who was lamenting the fact that in all her years as a blogger, she's never been tagged for a meme; Molly, who really needs to post more often; Sube, who could probably use the distraction; and Watson, our beloved crackpot. Your words are:
sunlight
purple
athletic
accident

5 Comments:

Blogger TeamWinks said...

So, do you sing, play an instrument, or both?

12:35 PM  
Blogger electriclady said...

We both play multiple instruments...I sing only in private, my husband is actually a great singer.

1:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey thanks for tagging me EL!

And sorry about the hiney issues. Yikes. I'm sure it's NO fun to hear words like 'fissure' when discussing that area.

I hope it's better!

5:51 PM  
Blogger MsPrufrock said...

I consider myself an expert on the ways of the ass, given that I have had pessaries put up the back passage on two separate occasions.

That said, your mention of "fissure" and "cauterization" have terrified me.

Good luck with the ass stuff. Godspeed.

7:59 AM  
Blogger AmyinMotown said...

This has nothing to do with your butt, and everything to do with your comment on A Little Pregnant:

HAhahahahahhaha. So very hilarious and spot on: in what way is ART easier than sex if you're doing it right?

Thanks for giving me a much-needed laugh. Best of luck with your pregnancy.

12:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home