Monday, October 09, 2006

A quick question about something gross

Last Thursday, after I had a, shall we say, strenuous toilet session, there was a streak of blood on the toilet paper when I wiped. There was also a smidge of some EWCM-like stuff. I have been very constipated lately and it was, again, a very strenuous session, so I fought down the panic, chalked it up to butt blood, and decided to wait to see if it reappeared before running to the doctor. (I googled "mucus plug" for a couple of hours, of course, but since no further blood, mucus, or liquid appeared, I decided to attribute the discharge to all the straining. Also, I've been using yeast infection cream, so it's just a total mess down there and I have no idea what's going on.) (Edited to add: I was able to be this relaxed about the situation because I had had my cervix checked just 2 days previous and it was long and closed. Had it been a week or more since my last appointment, I probably would have run straight to the doc.)

No blood, no problems, nothing, since then. Baby moving around like crazy. (Did I mention, I started feeling her kick last week?) Late this morning, there was a pinprick of red on my pantyliner. So, so tiny, literally a pinprick. I would not have even noticed it if I had been wearing dark-colored underwear and not a white pantyliner, and not examining said liner like a forensic pathologist. There was some bathroom action earlier in the morning, so I could definitely attribute the pinprick to that. Am I being too cavalier? Should I call now instead of waiting until my appointment next week? (Of course, if there's any more blood, in significant quantity, or any more mucus, I will OF COURSE go to the doctor right away.) What would you do?

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You should talk with your doc. You could have an infection that should be treated by them or it could be the regular increased discharge that is normal leukorrhea.

7:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would call your doc and at least see if they think it's related to the straining or another possible infection (i.e. bladder infection). At minimum, you might get another u/s or cervix check out of it :) Good luck, thinking good thoughts for you and BatGirl!
Melissa

11:25 PM  
Blogger MoMo said...

Oh Electric lady...I am so sorry that you keep getting more surprises. I think for my own sanity, I would call my doctor..but then again, I am the type of person who needs someone to tell me all the time that everything is okay.

9:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home