Thursday, July 13, 2006

Spotting ***UPDATED***

And cramping. I just left a message at my OB's office; she's out today so one of her partners will call me back. The blood is dark brown, so I know they will say not to worry about it. But I could use some good vibes. And a chant of "NBHHY. NBHHY" for good measure.


*UPDATE*
All looks okay. I officially love my OB's office. I was expecting to get a call saying, basically, spotting is normal and call us if anything interesting happens. But they called me right back and asked if I could come in, immediately. (Maybe it was because I kept saying, "Spotting. AND CRAMPING.") I grabbed my bag and ran out of the office without even telling anyone I was leaving. I am SO GLAD my OB is a block away from my office. I got there in about .675 seconds...then waited for 45 minutes for an ultrasound room to open up. I almost had a nervous breakdown in the waiting room. My OB's partner, who will henceforth be known as Dr. Awesome, did a pelvic exam ("looks like some brown discharge here"--uh, yeah, thanks) and then an ultrasound. She saw the heartbeat and said it looked good; I, as usual, couldn't really make it out (except for a brief flicker), but the kid seemed to be pointing its head at us so we couldn't get a really clear side view. Dr. Awesome also had me have blood drawn to check my progesterone levels, just in case. I'm to take it easy--no vigorous exercise or sex--not that I was doing any of that anyway.

Phew. And my new mantra, thanks to Pru, is NBHH.

14 Comments:

Blogger MsPrufrock said...

I'm with the person who said something on my blog back in the day to calm me down - drop the "yet". Nothing bad has happened is much better, because the "yet" seems to imply that bad news is impending. We worry enough as it is, without convincing ourselves that the "yet" is always looming over us.

I hope all of your worries are for nothing. Let us know how it goes.

3:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good vibes coming you way... Or as I always say-- I will shoot love arrows!

3:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No no no, nothing bad is happening. I will be chanting along and hoping that you get a call back very soon.

3:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do you have a rudimentary communicating horn with your unicornuate uterus? Sorry, I didn't go back and search the archives. If so, it could just be that horn sloughing off it's old blood.

Hoping that this is just one of those things that happens and life goes on as it should.

4:50 PM  
Blogger Mellie said...

Glad to hear that the spotting isn't going to lead to anything bad. And you're absolutely right, we must be sharing the same OB! Rhymes with "Me," right? And I'm all for dropping the "yet" and going with NBHH.

5:09 PM  
Blogger MoMo said...

I am so glad to hear that everything is okay!! Please take it easy. And yes, I vote with everyone, we need to drop "yet". Take care.

5:16 PM  
Blogger Lynanne said...

I've been a lurker here for a while (I'm probably an outsider among most of the people who read your blog) but I went through something similar (the spotting) myself and couldn't resist commenting (I sat on my hands to keep from typing, I really did :) ).

Crampy feelings and brown spotting are very common in early pregnancy for various reasons. I've seen statistics as high as 1 in 4 pregnancies. Given your background you did absolutely the right thing by having it checked out. Your concern is very understandable. Even knowing what I do, I freaked out big time when it happened to me.
I'll be sending lots of positive thoughts your way!

5:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so glad to hear that they got you in right away and gave you peace of mind.

5:27 PM  
Blogger Robber Barren said...

So glad everything looks okay, though I have no idea what's up with my totally missing everyone's panic sessions this week...

8:00 PM  
Blogger Alli and Frankie said...

So happy the Dr. could put your mind at ease. Now, go lay down! :)

12:01 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

I'm so, so relieved that everything's okay, and that you were able to see the doctor so quickly. Just try to take it easy and enjoy the weekend knowing that NBHH!

3:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank goodness it's all looking OK--I'm so glad your office got you in right away. That's a sign of a very good practice.

9:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so glad they got you in right away, and terribly relieved that everything looks good. NBHH.

5:35 PM  
Blogger Thalia said...

Phew, i'm delighted that it's all ok. Good news is good news. And I totally agree with the insightful ms pru,let's drop the 'yet'.

5:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home