Thursday, June 29, 2006

Off again

I'm heading out of town for the weekend again, this time to the in-laws, where I most definitely will not be posting or reading blogs--can't risk it. I'll be back after the 4th, but in the meantime, I leave you with this quote from Little Earthquakes, which I just started reading (had been wanting to read it for a while, but am only now feeling able to read a book about pregnant women):

"It was like a bad joke," Kelly said...."My mother got pregnant every time she so much as looked at my dad, my sister Mary's completely fertile, and it took us six months of trying, and Clomid."

Six months?!? AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! (To the author's credit, another character immediately points out that six months is average and does not constitute a fertility "problem.")

See you next week, my chickens. I'll miss you.

4 Comments:

Blogger Alli and Frankie said...

Have a great trip!!!

9:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know. I've read that book and reading that sentence almost made me put it down. And what doctor prescribed a young, 20-something (wasn't she like 25) Clomid after less than 6 months?

Enjoy your trip!

1:25 PM  
Blogger MoMo said...

Six months!!! I wished! I hope you had a great time visiting the in-laws.

3:06 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

Masochist that I am, I read that book during a particularly infertile period of my life. I seem to recall doing a lot of eye-rolling while reading.

Hope you've had a wonderful trip!

4:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home