Monday, November 21, 2011

Tempting fate

And I don't care. Because I am so damn bloated and my old maternity jeans are so damn comfortable.

(For those keeping score, at no point in this cycle have I been as bloated as I was on my successful IUI in 2006, despite popping out 22 eggs this time versus 5 or 6 that time. I wonder why--maybe the antagonist, or the fact that in a retrieval they also suck out fluid where in an IUI it's all just floating out there? Whatever the reason, I haven't had the horrible internal jostling, or the distended bellybutton, or the belly stretched so far that my abdominal muscles hurt. However, I am still bloated in a distinctly pregnant-looking way. And you know what? Besides being more comfortable, maternity jeans hold in and smooth out a belly a lot better than regular jeans held together with a rubber band. For those of us trying to keep things under wraps for a while.)

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home